September 1 at 9:30am - November 30 at 6:00pm
|Location||Kanagawa Prefecture, JAPAN|
the 16th Kanagawa Biennial
WORLD CHILDREN's ARTS EXHIBITION
The previous Kanagawa Bienniale World Children's Arts Exhibition was held in July 2009, and saw about 21,000 individual entries from 84 countries. The 16th exhibition is scheduled to be held from July to August 2011.
Hosts : Kanagawa Prefecture, Kanagawa International Foundation
Organizing Committee : Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA); The UM Japan, the National Council of YMCAs of Japan.
Sponsors : The Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications;the Japan Foundation; the UNICEF;the Japan Committee for Education; etc.
Children aged between 4 and 15 (as of April 1, 2010).
1.Theme : OPEN
2.Materials : watercolor, oil crayon, pastels, print, paper, collage etc.,
* Modeled entries with uneven and easy to break surfaces shall not be accepted. Entries containing food products that may not or attract insects etc., such as cereal, shall not be accepted.
3.Size: Quartro size (within 54cmx38cm). Canvas pieces should be less than F8 size. *entries exceeding these dimensions shall not be accepted.
4.Entries:One entry per person. (*Each entry shall be the entrant's own work and shall not have appeared in any previous competition). Collaborative works or part of a series of works shall not be accepted.
5.Other: Do not frame the work. Oil painting entries should be painted on canvas only. *Framed entries shall not be accepted.
Receipt of Entries
(1)Entry Period : September 1, 2010 (Wednesday) to November 30,2010 (Tuesday)
(2)Application Method : Entrants should send their entry, in principle, by post (applications by e-mail shall not be accepted).
Mailing address: Secretariat, the 16th Kanagawa Biennial World Children's Art Exhibition, Kanagawa International Foundation:
c/o Kanagawa Plaza for Global Citizenship
1-2-1 Kosugaya, Sakae-Ku , YOKOHAMA 247-0007 JAPAN.
(3) Other: Entrants should complete all relevant sections of the application form and receipt of entry form should be apsted together with the entry.
*copies of the forms can be used in the event that the number of originals is insufficient. The name of the entrant should be entered on the application form using the entrant's full name and correct format. Please provide one recepit of entry form per individual entry or one form per each group or organizational entry.
Judging period and Notification of Awards
Judging will start at the beginning of March 20111 and the winners will be selected by the end of April 2011.
A list of the winners will be posted on the Foundation's website in April 2011.
Awards Ceremony and Exhibition :
July to August 2011 : Tentatively at Kanagawa Plaza for Global Citizenship, Exhibition Hall (3F)
1. Grand Prize : Kanagawa Prefecture Governors's Prize ( 3 arads ; one entry from residents of Kanagawa Prefecture/ Two overseas entries)
2. Special Prize totally 58 prizes from : The minister of Internal Affairs and Communications, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, The Japan Foundation's Presidents etc.
3. Selected Prize : approximately 460 entries.
(1) Prize winning entries shall not be returned. All other entries shall be returned if requested. The period and location for return of pieces shall be released to exhibitors who require their entry to be returned following the event.
(2) All ownership rights and copyright of the prize winning entries shall belong to Kanagawa Prefecture.
(3) Entered pieces may be used in furthering international understanding and international exchange.
(4) The invitations for recipients of the Grand Prize are not planned.
Secretariat the 16th Kanagawa Biennial World Children's Art Exhibition, Kanagawa International Foundation c/o Kanagawa Plaza for Global Citizenship
1-2-1 Kasugaya, Sakae-Ku YOKOHAMA 247-0007 JAPAN.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org